Beach Comber

 

Rare is this moment that I get to experience

Navigating the beautiful sand under my feet

Perhaps a seashell or two I’ll notice during my sand walk

I’ll pick it up, its size allowing me to hold it with one finger

 

The sand I’ll seem to think of as clean dirt, given the color that it is

Other than it getting inside the clothes and shoes one wears

Rarely is there a bad word about the dirt that aligns the blue water

Its softness doesn’t ruin the feet, blanket or towel on top of it

 

I embrace these moments as much as I can

As Mother Nature determines the when and how long

I’ll hope to be back to have the experience once again

And think that the beach will look forward to my visit once more

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cascading Of The Frozen Rain

Cautious Whispering

24 Hours To Move, To Be Still