Cleansing Of The Rain

 

In this vast, complex city, it’s just after dark

And here I am once again, alone with my thoughts

 

The hustle and bustle of the day, has somewhat quieted down

Enabling me to have fewer distractions, as very few people are around

 

Even while walking down the main streets

There’s some semblance of serenity and peace

 

As I reflect on the present, and think about the days gone by

I suddenly hear a quiet rumble, coming from the dark sky

 

A slight drizzle has begun, brightening the pavement on which I walk

With each drop that hits the ground, it seems to talk

 

Even harder the rain comes down, as I continue my stroll

As it comes down on me, I feel a slight shiver, because it’s cold

 

Any pain that I have within, it seems to want to wash away

As if it knows that I use the outdoors, to think and escape

 

I look up at the sky, spread my arms, and savor this time

It’s as if the rain, knows the stresses of my mind

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cascading Of The Frozen Rain

Cautious Whispering

24 Hours To Move, To Be Still